Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Mail notification

Highlighted
Rashraj
Regular Collector

On Mail notification

Hi All,

Is it possible to include the values from a package Line while sending notification to the users?
i.e mail should contain details about a filed or its value in the mail.
We tried by giving the token value to the mail format but still no use :(
also is it possible to attach the execution log in the mail.
Please help.
6 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: On Mail notification

You can use tokens like [PKGL.OBJECT_NAME] to insert values for the current package line into a notification. Click the Tokens button at the bottom of the Edit Notification screen to see the tokens that are available. If this is not working for you, post the text you have set up for the notification message.

There is no way to attach the log to the notification. You can include a link to the package with the token [PKG.PACKAGE_URL]. This provides easy access to the links that will open the log files.
Rashraj
Regular Collector

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the note.

But i am using some new fields in the object type, like server name and its location and all. So i need to insert those values in the mail notifications.
so when i open the tokens in the mail setup i am not able to retrive these user defined tokens in that list.
also when i hard code these tokens in the mail format its not picking up the values from the pkg line.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

You could define the fields you want to include in the notifications as fields in the package line user data. Transfer the data from the object type to the package line user data with ksc_store commands. The user data tokens look like [PKGL.UD.].
Rashraj
Regular Collector

Hi Jim,

please correct if my command is wrong:

echo "URL PATH"
ksc_store [PKGL.UD.TEST1]=[EXEC.OUTPUT]

test1 is the user data field token.

As this is not working for me.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Rashraj