Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Ok I give up. How do you setup PPM to pass environment check for SQL?

Highlighted
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Ok I give up. How do you setup PPM to pass environment check for SQL?

I can't seem to figure out what is needed to allow PPM to pass an environment check for SQL.   Does anyone have documention on this or know what needs to be configured on a Windows server to make this work?   I have the SQL clients installed, and its in the Windows path.   However when I click check DB, i see it trying to issue isql commands.  If I try to run isql from putty, its using an old Sybase folder.   I'm also not sure what needs to be setup for the JDBC connection test.   Oracle DB checks are successful.

Hopefully someone has an answer.... I am frustrated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Re: Ok I give up. How do you setup PPM to pass environment check for SQL?

Does anyone have their SQL environment check working?   I cannot find any documentation on what is required to get this setup.   Not sure if something needs to be setup in the server.conf etc.  Thanks

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

For sqlplus to work, you have to have your environment variables set like in the Admin guide. When you pop open a Cygwin window and do echo $ORACLE_HOME do you get the right path?

JDBC requires the JDBC_URL to be entered, something like

jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbservername.company.com:1521:HPPPMPRD.world

Ryan Proctor HP
HPE Expert

Hi,

If you're seeing "isql" in the commands being issued by PPM then your database type in the environmen definition is very likely not set to "Oracle".   Double check that and post the results.  If it's still not working paste the contents of the log file so I can see the full output of what PPM is trying to do.

Thanks,
Ryan

bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Re: Ok I give up. How do you setup PPM to pass environment check for MSSQL?

I am trying to connect to a Microsoft SQL server for the environment check.  Please let me know what to check for this type of database.   The environment fields are Server Name, DB name, user logon, password, port number, version.  All are filled in.

Ryan Proctor HP
HPE Expert

Re: Ok I give up. How do you setup PPM to pass environment check for MSSQL?

can you provide the output from the log file of the attempted connection?   You can also try creating a simple object type that connects the database and issues a sql statement if you're not seeing anything in the log while doing the environment check.   I would also make sure that your telnet or ssh connection to the servers listed under "server" and "client" are working.  When you telnet or ssh the resulting session should be a bash or ksh (not windows dos prompt).   Also, the isql command needs to be in the path for the user making the telnet or ssh connection.

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Your DB and PPM server in seperated or same machine ?
Can you access your DB through SQL Developer likee tools ?
Did you check firewall etc restrictions ?

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect