Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Object Migrator + Clonning of environmets + Idea !?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ielito
Trusted Contributor.

Object Migrator + Clonning of environmets + Idea !?

Hi Experts,

I'll try to explain the situation that we have. We need some help to identify if what we are planning is correct.
The customer has a QA and PROD environments.
The QA environment is updated every month, getting a cloning of PROD.
The PROD is never updated.
Let's install the "Object Migrator" and "GL Migrator" in PROD server.
Every month this environment will be replicated from PROD to QA.
With the QA environment, configured with OM and GL, we will set to the "HP Extension" for that environment, and not to PROD.
Are there any risks of losing any data?
Is this procedure correct?
We can install and configure on PROD and set the "HP Extension" to QA, even QA will receive as a clone of PROD?

Best Rgds,

4 REPLIES
randull
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Object Migrator + Clonning of environmets + Idea !?

Hi Ielito,

I understand that you have two environments PROD and QA. You refresh QA once a month with the PROD data. PROD is never updated but you migrate some objects from QA.

Where do you think that you are going to loose data?

I don't think you are going to loose any data.

I don't see anything wrong on the procedure

You don't have to clone your PROD on QA every month, I recommend you to just refresh the database on QA with the data from PROD.

Thanks,

Randall

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
ielito
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Randall !!!!

jejejeje.... I really should not have expressed myself. The manual talks about OM be installed on an EBS, right? We decided to install the OM in PROD environment, because this foundation does not refresh.

The idea would be all databases pointing to the EBS PPM, right? Only we can not do that, considering that the EBS is to PROD and it is not safe point to PROD.

The ideal it is if we have a one especific EBS database to use, right ? But... If we don't have this EBS only to PPM ? If we need to chooise one in the line environments (like PROD, DEV ou QA) ?

Best,
randull
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

HI Ielito,

Thanks for the explanation.

You can have one EBS for each instance (QA, PROD or DEV). In case you are going to do migrations you should have one on each instance.

Thanks,

Randall

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
ielito
Trusted Contributor.

Tks a lot (again) Randall !!!!

=)