Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Notifications

Highlighted
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

Notifications

Could anyone help me on how to add notifications to the stakeholders. Where can I find the relevant informaiton or documents about sending notifications to the stakeholders.

Your help would be appreciated.Thanks.
7 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Notifications

Hi,
Please see the below URL for all PPM Documents.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

It needs HP Support User ID and password. and you need to see the document called 'HP Demand Management Configuration Guide'

Please let me know if you need any more information in this.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi Saiskt,

please see
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1291958
thread for solution to your problem.

Best regards
Lukasz
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

I have gone through the doc which you have refered but it doesnt give me much information on sending request notifications to stakeholders. Please any one who had worked on this exact requirement and were able to get the solution.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you be more specific about your requirement? Send the notification from where? Project request, issue request, etc...?
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

HI,

To be more specific about the requirement when ever a request(issue, risk etc ) is created a notification would be sent to created by and assgined by users but in addition the notification should also be sent to the stakeholders of the project.

Regards,
sai
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok. I'm assuming you know how to create a notification on a workflow step and are just looking for the right token to use for the stakeholders. Try this one as a User-defined token of USERID type:

[PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]".PROJECT_STAKEHOLDER]

Does that help?
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Erik, it really worked. Adding to the earlier issue I was trying to add request Stakeholder username in the Request New Issue notification Message.I tried adding REQD.P.DC_STAKEHOLDERS token in the notification message but its giving the USER ID NO instead of the user name and changed the usertype from USERID to USERNAME then the notification message is not working. Please help.