Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

Highlighted
Sevilay
Collector

Notifications

Hi,

i want to send email notifications to resources who are assigned to tasks in the work plan of the project.
i tried a lot of tokens but it couldn't work.
How can i get the email addresses or names of the resources ?
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Notifications

Hi,
this will give you the list of all email-addresses for the resources of a project:

SELECT EMAIL_ADDRESS FROM knta_users WHERE InStr((SELECT pm_utils.get_resources_for_project(177732) FROM dual), user_id) != 0 AND EMAIL_ADDRESS IS NOT NULL

From where do you want to send the email? From a workflow?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sevilay,
this is standart options.
In main task number = 0 set on notification tab any check boxes. 1-t check you can set any days before the task starting. Default=3 days.
All this without any tokens but work plan must be active.

If you need any inf - i'm glad to help you!!
Good Luck!!
Sevilay
Collector

Sorry,

i didn't explain my problem very well.i want to send this notifications in a workflow process.
There are some tokens for this,but none of them worked.i can get the user_id's of the resources not the names or email addresses using the [PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN]".PROJECT_RESOURCES] token.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
where are you putting the token? as a non-standard token in the recipient configuration of a wf-step like on the screenshot I attached? You should not need e-mail-addresses there, as long as you select user-ID as recipient type.
Personally I was never a friend of these token constructs. I would have used an execution step with the SQL and a workflow parameter or a rule in the request type that populates a hidden field.
Sevilay
Collector

Hi Sacsha,

management asks me to do this : When a project is closed a mail should be sent to Project Manager,and in this mail all the resources's names should be written in a resource section.Also all the stakelholders's names should be seen in the stakeholder section of the email.

Thanks.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Did you try putting this into your token construct?
[USR.EMAIL_ADDRESS]
I am not very optimistic that this will solve your issue, I would go for workflow parameters filled by an execution step.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event