The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification on field change

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Vinod Jadhav
Regular Collector

Notification on field change

Hi All,

We have DBA Name field in the request header section. In case DBA who is suppose to take action on the request gets changed (user changes the name and click on Save), is it possible to send notification to new assigned person from the same step on save itself? Is there any event that will support this type of requirement?

Please advise.

Thanks
Vinod
6 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Notification on field change

Hi.
We resolve this issue by:
1. Need send notification on field 1 change.
In list of fiels allow small numbers of fiel (8-10), application,company i.e.
How it possible?
You need create a RULE than aply on field 1 chanege to change value on field "application" to value "HP" for example.
Next you set notification on change field "application" on value "HP".
In result we have structure:
Field 1 change--> field "Application" change-->send notification by event field "Application" change to value "HP".
It's working. I check this.
Good Luck
Vinod Jadhav
Regular Collector

Hi Semenov,

Its working.

But now the problem is - In notification, I am trying to send new value of token (which is triggering this notification) whereas its passing old value of token in notification. Any workaround to send new value of token in notification? I can not clear cache because we are using 'Notification' tab of the request type and notification gets triggered as soon as field value changes.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Vinod
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
If you look to standart message on event assigned user change and see any examle. After resive this standart message in text allow old user mane and new user name.
May be it help.
Good Luck
Vinod Jadhav
Regular Collector

Hi Semenov,

Old and New logic works for only those 8-9 OOTB fields. It does not work for custom fields. Also, OOTB fields do not get resolved in subject line but only in Body of notification. Hence most of the requirements are not getting satisfied. Lets see. I have proposed one workaround to client to introduce one new decision step and make that field mandatory on that step. After this step, I am planning to send notification to user.

Lets see if client agrees. I can not think of any other workaround.

Can you think of anything?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Vinod
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Do anyone know how to trigger mail to the Old 'Assigned to' Person when the Assigned to name changes to a new value?

Regards,
Mahendran M

Regards,
Mahendran M
Vinod Jadhav
Regular Collector

Hi Mahendran,

In Notification tab of Request type, you can refer to new and old values as [NOTIF.OLD_VALUE] and [NOTIF.NEW_VALUE]. You can define dependancy on Assigned To field and refer old and new values.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks

Vinod

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event