Did you mean: 

Notification mail after written notes ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
bugra
Super Collector

Notification mail after written notes ?

Hello again, I have new problem waiting to solve, I want users have emails after any notes written in ppm. I can send e mails specific execution steps but I want to sent email without connected with steps, I want to send emails  while notes are written.

How can I manage notification mails for all written notes on PPM?

I find notification under the request type menu and I find immediate sending notes. Also I find the system token of notes [REQ.MOST_RECENT_NOTE_TEXT]   but in field area i cannot write this token to create this notification. 

I use PPM 9.10 version

5 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Notification mail after written notes ?

Hi Buğra,

I have a question about email sending timing. When user complete to type something in notes field, what is the next user action; click save button ? or anything else.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
bugra
Super Collector

User writes the note and clicks save button only

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Is it acceptable to click an other button rather than save button?
Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
bugra
Super Collector

It is acceptable but which button user clicks ?

I dont want to change status when user writes a note. If it is not possible i have to choose different ways to do this.

Celil
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Soultion 1: simple design and maintenance

architecture: There is a execution step that configured for send email which connected with the decision step by looped transition (see: picture1)

design:

1. The decision step which in user can save & sand notes, add a "Save Notes" value to workflow step validation.
  2. add an execution step which configured for emailling
  3. connect decision step "Save Notes" transition with execution step. connect execution step "success email send" transition to decision step. So you made a loop. (see: picture2)

execution: In the step, when user enter notes and click "save notes" button, an email send but status doesn't change.

Soultion 2: hard to design and maintenance

architecture: a triger can send email in oracle

design:

1. create a triger that can run when a row added to notes table.
  2. customize it about which request type in which step.
  3. add this triger a email rutine (see: http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_utl_smtp_utility.htm , http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/u_smtp.htm)
  4. get email informations: TO, Mail Body, Mail Subject etc

execution: When a user enter a notes to a request, the trigger runs and send a email.

Celil

Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event