Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification by timeout on holidays

Highlighted
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Notification by timeout on holidays

Hello, all
I've met the following issue - PPM sends a notification by timeout even on holidays.

So, I have an idea to avoid it: I've done a subworkflow where I check if sysday is a working day or not (on execution step). If today is holiday, than waiting for a day. In other case go back.
This subwf is called by timeout error in basic wf.
But - the problem is to send notification with a message where given right info about a step where timeout occured (because I can't do it on source step).

Could anybody help me to configure notification template on separate execution step (I guess) in order to send correct info about a step where timeout occured

thanks in advance
7 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Notification by timeout on holidays

I think an easier solution would be to calculate the timeout time with a function that would account for holidays, then store this value in a hidden field. Use a token based timeout on the workflow step to trigger the notification.
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Sorry, I do not get - what you mean "use token based timeaut"?
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

1. Edit the workflow step definition.
2. Select the Timeout tab.
3. Select the Specific Value radio button.
4. Set Timeout Type to Token.
5. Place a token specification in the Timeout field. This would be something like: [REQD.VP.TOKEN_NAME].
6. Units would probably be set to Days for this kind of value, though Hours or Minutes could be used if you want the timeout to occur at a specific time of day.
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

if to use hidden field - than I need execution step to check it and in this case I also couldn't send notification from source decision step.
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

> 1. Edit the workflow step definition.
> 2. Select the Timeout tab.
> 3. Select the Specific Value radio button.
> 4. Set Timeout Type to Token.
I tried, but probably I do not get something.
I see the option "Specific Result" but there is possible to choose just one of validations.
Other options are: All - all events, Specific Errors - list of erros (including Timeout)
But I can't get where to use token
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Wow, I seems I get. thank. I'll try tomorrow
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

We've done storage procedure wich calculates right timeout. Default timeout for the step is taken from "Average time" setting and resulting value is stored to hidden field in Request type
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event