Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Notification Template Purpose

Highlighted
Jamie Pick
Super Contributor.

Notification Template Purpose

I've just started exploring Notification Templates in PPM (we're on 8.02) and I'm wondering what their purpose is. When I copy one of the seeded templates and try to pull it in to say a Workflow step, I don't see my new, custom one. I've set my new one to be the default, it's enabled, the scope is correct, etc., yet all I see on the Message tab in the Workflow are: Standard Message (Plain Text), Standard Multipart Message(Multipart), and Standard HTML Message (HTML). Should I be seeing my new template here (I named it "STA - Standard HTML Message"? I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious here :)

Thanks,

Jamie
4 REPLIES
Surendra Poosar
Honored Contributor.

Re: Notification Template Purpose

Jamie,

Check the Scope of the notification template and the scope of the workflow. I think you cannot view the notification template of a Project/package on a workflow for requests.

Thanks
Surendra.
Jamie Pick
Super Contributor.

I had that same thought. However, there is not a 'Workflow' Scope in the Notification Templates, so 'Request' Seemed like the most logical choice.

I've also tried this same thing with field change notifications from a Request Type. I copied one of the seeded field change Templates and tried to pull it in on the Message tab on the Request Type but I cannot see it.

I still think I'm missing something with how these templates work. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Jamie
Jamie Pick
Super Contributor.

Getting out of Workbench and back in seemed to solve this problem - my custom template is now showing up.

Thanks,

Jamie
Jamie Pick
Super Contributor.

Closing Workbench and getting back in resolved the problem.