cancel

Notification Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
EngPlan
Super Contributor.

Notification Issue

I have been attempting to create a notification that includes a CC line for multiple recipients. 

I do not want to include individuals by their email address or by creating a special security group for them,

is there a way to include all the recipients based on the request type (RT)?  I have a field on a RT form that incorporates the multiple selection criteria to choose recipients.  I created a notification on the workflow step for the RT and included a CC line that uses the [NOTIF.CC_USERS] token; however, the token never resolves anything on the CC line.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Notification Issue

Hi,

you have to use a request type token such as [REQD.P.CC_USERS].

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
EngPlan
Super Contributor.

Alex,

I have tried different variations of this token and nothing seems to work.    Attached is what my notification set up looks like.  Any other suggestions?

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

What are you using in the "choose recipients" field; i.e. are you using Name or only email address.

It might be the case that in multi seclect #@# is appended after each values, so the email address might not be getting resolved prperly.

Secondly check the token resolution; In notifcation follow these steps:

1. In TO put your email address
  2. In notifcation body put these TOKENS to check what value it contains

A. [NOTIF.CC_USERS]

B. [REQD.P.CC_USERS]

C. [REQD.VP.CC_USERS]

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
EngPlan
Super Contributor.

Utkarsh,

Exactly what entity are you referring to when you ask - "What are you using in the "choose recipients" field; i.e. are you using Name or only email address."?  Does this refer to the workflow Edit Recipient Type or the request type field token that the usernames are in?

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

HI,

EngPlan: if you store user id in the hiddent value of the CC_USERS fields, then choose User ID in notification instead of email address.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

I am refering to token/filed that you are using to store the recipents...

I am getting this infernce from you first query i.e.

I have a field on a RT form that incorporates the multiple selection criteria to choose recipients

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
EngPlan
Super Contributor.

Fixed....thanks to all.  Ultimately, the token that I used was [REQ.P.CC_USERS].  After I ensured the token was CC_USERS in the form field and changed the Recipient Type to User ID the notification was sent to the multiple users in the field.  Thanks again.