Notification Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
cat_gon0208
Super Collector

Notification Error

We are on PPM 9.12.

Recently the application stopped sending out email notifications and then started again after a restart.

We are trying to find the root cause and noticed this error in the server log :

"ERROR server:ppmLightServiceListenerContainer-2:com.mercury.itg.core.jms.service.impl.ServiceMessageExecutionManagerImpl:2012/05/14-12:04:15.951 SGT: ID:34351-13369682558731: Notification Service is running past its critical runtime threshold(720min)."

Any idea what causes this?

4 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Notification Error

Hi,

we had a similar issue with a different PPM service. It turned out that the customer used to stop the DB server for backup purposes without stopping the PPM server first.

We solved this by disabling the service and re-enabling it.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
cat_gon0208
Super Collector

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. It actually makes sense that Oracle being stopped was the root cause, because in our serverlogs it shows that Oracle was restarted before the email stopped sending out.

May I just ask if you disable-reenable all the services to make sure that nothing is disrupted? Of you just did for the service that was problematic?

Thanks.

Catherine

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I did it only for the problematic service - of course, I investigated the Services Audit Page and the server logs to see if there was any other problematic service.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
mlgoins
Super Collector

Are you talking about PPMC services (in PPMC), or Windows Services (using the Services Plug-in)? Our notifications have stopped going out, but the database is up, and we have stopped/restarted the PPMC service.  Also, nothing has been written to serverlog.txt in about a week.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event