Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes field for task in 7.5

Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Notes field for task in 7.5

HI ALL.
In 7.5. sp 3 I can't edit NOTES for tasks.I have PM license and PPM Project Managers security droup. I go to link from Time Sheet or MY TASK portlet. In 7.1 sp 5 all fine. If I project manager and go to task from work plan i can edit notes.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
9 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Notes field for task in 7.5

i can reproduce the following:
user has all needed grants.
user see the task in the MY TASK portlet
user can enter the time to the task using timesheets

user can open the task from the MY TASK portlet -> BUT the user can not enter NOTES.
The field is not editable

Any ideas ?

(It seems that it is the bug in 7.5 sp3 ??)
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi people!!
In your's system this working fine?????

I am having the same issue and had logged a Case with HP. The latest response I received was that I had to log an enhancement request... I have pushed back on this stating it was available in 7.1 SP6, and why are they now taking it away in 7.5 SP3? I believe this is a defect/bug, not an enhancement request. Not sure if you had similar experience.
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Marlene, et al.

This is most definitely a bug (feature regression) if it is not working in SP3. It is working correctly in our 7.5 SP2 environments.
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

This is another example of some serious regression/quality problems with PPM 7.5SP3. I had started a separate thread regarding 7.5SP3 issues. We are considering abandoning this release altogether.
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Jaylen,

Agreed - that's why I asked others to post problems in your thread. It looks like SP3 might be a net step backwards even though it has some request type rule fixes we're waiting for.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ALL.
Today find next isue: I go to link from Time Sheet or MY TASK portlet and after frying add any attachnment java give error on page (IE 6 sp 2). If use Fire Fox button 'save' not allowed.
Do you have same issue?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ALL.
If you have this issues and open case in HP please see ID's this cases. HP not belive that it's bug.
Thanks
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

This is defect ID:205278
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event