Did you mean: 

Not able to edit the datasource

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
sam.greg

Not able to edit the datasource

Hi,

We have one datsource "My Requests" (List type). I have admin rights with all grants. But still when i try to open this datasource from workbench, I can't edit it. I could see the SQL query but I am not able to modify it?
(I could see and edit other Datasources from workbench but not this one)

What could be the issue? is this HP supplied default datasource?

(Just FYI - Intention is to add one more filter in this datasource)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
.\Sam.
6 REPLIES
Solution

Re: Not able to edit the datasource

This is an out of the box portlet and the tool doesnt support it being edited. A better option would be to make a copy of this portlet and you will then be able to make edits.

- Nisha Kurien
sam.greg

Thanks Nisha.
Is there any document that states what all porlets/datasources are out of the box type?

For me, as a new user its very confusing as few of the portlet I didn't had access due to privileges.

Thanks

Regards,
Sam

sam.greg

In addition to above question I have basic question - what is an 'out-of-the-box' portlet/datasource?

Thanks

Regards,
Sam

Here is a document I found that mentions details of the portlets and reports supplied by HP.

To answer your second question - Out of the box means they are seeded portlets. That is, these are coded by HP PPM developers and they are meant to be used as it is. Customizations are not possible. In the PPM world we term it as OOTB - out of the box i.e meant to be used as it is - no changes or customizations are possible.

Hope this helps.

- Nisha Kurien
sam.greg

Nisha. Thanks a bunch, and I got what you are trying to say.

BTW- I did not close this thread, not sure how it got closed. And I did not find solution, I got it from you. Not sure how it got enabled automatically.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event