Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Not Updating the Status until the page got refreshed

Highlighted
Peter Zehrer
Super Contributor.

Not Updating the Status until the page got refreshed

Hi,

I am not able to get the status of the project updated with the workflow actions. Please find the screen shot in which you can observe "Request Status" in "In Execution" and "Project staus" in "Feasability and planning" which is prior to "In Execution". Project Status got updated only when page got refreshed. Please can any have this issue before. This occurs in PPM 8.0 version.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Vamsee.

5 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Not Updating the Status until the page got refreshed

Vamsee,

I do know that this issue remains even in PPM 9.1 version. The Project container takes time to download and hence the Project header shows status from the previous step. If you have execution step doing some activity before you are moving to the "In Execution" step, then I would suggest to select option "Finish Execution before displaying the request page to the user" which will delay the page load.
Niraj P.
Peter Zehrer
Super Contributor.

Hi Niraj,

plese let me know hw can i do this.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Vamsee,

Not sure if you got a chance to look at the screenshots I attached earlier, but they were with complete configuration details you need. Let me know if you have any specific question in doing this.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
Peter Zehrer
Super Contributor.

Hi Niraj,

I could nt get the attachments. Can you please re attach them or you can mail me on vamsee.maradugu@invesco.com  .

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Since this execution step is used in the request, you need to have the Workflow Scope set to "Request". To achieve this, you can follow below steps, remember since your execution step has already been traversed, and currently in use, you cannot change the source.

1. Copy this execution step with different name and then set the workflow scope to Request.
2. Set processing Type as Immediate & check option "Finish Execution before displaying the request page to the user"3. Disconnect the existing execution step and put the newy defined step in the workflow.
4. Remember you cannot delete the workflow step from the workflow since it has been used by several requests.

If possible try this in non-production environment and test the behaviour. Let me know if this gives you desired output.
Niraj P.