No task found in time sheet

Highlighted
roxor

No task found in time sheet

Hello,

there is a project with these project settings:

Use Time Management to track actuals against this project:

Track time at the: Task level

Allow the following to report time on this project: Project resources.

According to documentation (time mgmt UG.pdf p.57) I would say that tasks in workplan for this project should be visible and chargeable for every resource who is in project's Staffing profile.

So I have added user to staffing profile with assignment for this month. But user can't see any tasks when he is trying to add task to the timesheet.

I also found that when I add this resource directly to random one task in the workplan, resource suddenly can add all tasks from workplan to his time sheet.

Is this standar behaviour? What do you think about bolded text? Am I wrong?

Thanks and kind regrads,

r.

4 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: No task found in time sheet

Hi, roxor,

there are some possible causes:

- if the project settings specify task level for time sheets, then a resource assigned only in the staffing profile will not be able to report time;

- the staffing profile should be active.

do check and let us know.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
roxor

Hello Alex,

staffing profile is active.

I didn't get your note. Are you sure with this?

"- if the project settings specify task level for time sheets, then a resource assigned only in the staffing profile will not be able to report time;"

Regarding documentation (time mamagement users guide page 57) when I use these project settings:

Track time at the: Task level

Allow the following to report time on this project: Project resources.

So in dream world I should add resource to staffing profile and it is all. I can't understand why it is not working in this way. In documentation is also nice example table this is working. This is the case when I have resource who can participate on many tasks from huge workplan but I don't want to assign him to each task.

Also I found strange that when I assign resource to one random task, then this resource can see every task in work plan.

Kind regards,

r.

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi roxor,

First of all, I couldn't find respected page (time mgt UG page 57). Which version are you using?

Could you please check and set (if require) below settings in Cost and Effort in project settings:

• Resource Load Settings > Staffing Profile represents the work load imposed by the project SELECTED
  • Resource Load Settings > Use actual information from the work plan and Time Management when viewing actuals in the staffing profile  SELECTED
  • Actual Effort in the Work Plan >Track Actual Effort per resource assignment NOT SELECTED
  • Time Management > Use Time Management to track actuals against this project SELECTED
  • Time Management > Task level SELECTED
  • Time Management > Project resources SELECTED
    In addition to that your project resources should see tasks without assigned to any tasks. Please check access grants of the resources.

Please inform us for developments. If above suggestions not work, please send us project settings, access grants screen shots.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via kudos the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
roxor

Hello Celil,

thanks for helpful summary of project settings. I have found that I have one difference. I have in project settings this:

• Actual Effort in the Work Plan >Track Actual Effort per resource assignment SELECTED
  • Actual Effort in the Work Plan >Track Estimated Remaining Effort per resource assignment  SELECTED

all other settings are the same. I have doubts that this is the reason of unexpected behaviuor but it is possible.

I thought that for ability to search tasks in time sheet for users from staffing profiles are important only these settings:

• Time Management > Task level SELECTED
  • Time Management > Project resources SELECTED

We are using PPM 7.5 and 8.03. Please find attached document. Page 57 contains table which I was reffering to.

Access grants are OK.

Kind regards,

r.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event