The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active steps

Highlighted
SGM
Occasional Contributor

No active steps

I currently have two requests that somehow are not on an active workflow step. When I look at the Approval Details for the request under Active Workflow Steps, the only message is "No active steps." I could apply for the workflow admin role, but if the request is not on an active step, I will still have no overide options.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
9 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: No active steps

Hi Sean.
Check 1-t wf step in workbensh, may be it's "Copleted" or "Canceled".
Thanks
SGM
Occasional Contributor

No, you cannot review individual requests in workbench. The transaction details on the request show that a users has selected a valid transition, but the status of the request remains as it was on that step and the request is not on an active workflow step.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
Can you attach any screenshots?
SGM
Occasional Contributor

Attached is what I see in the Approval Details.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Sean, can you attach the "Graphical View" of the workflow for this request?
SGM
Occasional Contributor

Attached is the graphical view. Both requests have the status of step 6 even though 'Configuration Only - No Migration Required' was the transition selected. It seems the request is 'stuck' between step 6 and step 67 (the OR step).
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Sean,

Couple of things you might try:

(1) In the workflow, delete the transition from 6 to 67 and recreate it, save workflow.
(2) Set a timeout on 6 and 67 and configure the transitions to move forward on timeout error.
(3) Make sure you (or someone) has security to 67 to see if it needs override.

It looks like 67 transitions to both 101 and 24...is this correct?
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Sean,

If this is a 'Request' workflow, you could add a reopen step to step 6, and try moving forward again after deleting the transitions to both 101 and 24, from the 'OR' step, Additionally I Hope the 'OR' step does not have any step security defined.

Additionally, what is the time stamp for the OR step's eligiblity, It is somehow hidden because of the arrow.

Thanks
SGM
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Told our users to recreate their request. Any workflow change would have had to move through multiple instances, recreating the request involves the least amount of risk. Thanks again.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event