Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

No ClassLoaders found for: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl

Highlighted
pradeep k.r.
Trusted Contributor.

No ClassLoaders found for: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl

FYI... If anybody have come across similar issues

The Windows Services start Issue for PPM 7.5 is now fixed.
This issue was related to Xerces Configuration. We needed include xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar in the Java class path in order to use Xerces (xml parser) in our application. The Class Loaders were not found for: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl in the deployed Jboss configuration path. Also since we’re using windows services for starting the app with java_home set to the class path. If we’re using JDK 1.4 or above, we needed to use the Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism, not the Extension Mechanism (i.e. ext) provided in JDK 1.4 download from Sun microsystem. Therefore I’ve created the folder "endorsed" under the directory path f:\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib. After copying the "xercesimpl.jar " & other files used in the parser. Explicitly I’ve set the class path variable for this " F:\ jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\endorsed " folder in the windows as well Unix path. Reconfigured the windows services vide “kconfig.sh” & restarted the mercury services and it worked fine. Voila!!!

Cheers,
Pradeep
3 REPLIES
pradeep k.r.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: No ClassLoaders found for: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl

The Resolution shared in my post. Users experiencing similar issue may first have a look into their class path used by the XML parsers in their applications
pradeep k.r.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: No ClassLoaders found for: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl

The Windows Services start Issue for PPM 7.5 is now fixed.
This issue was related to Xerces Configuration. We needed include xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar in the Java class path in order to use Xerces (xml parser) in our application. The Class Loaders were not found for: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl in the deployed Jboss configuration path. Also since weâ re using windows services for starting the app with java_home set to the class path. If weâ re using JDK 1.4 or above, we needed to use the Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism, not the Extension Mechanism (i.e. ext) provided in JDK 1.4 download from Sun microsystem. Therefore Iâ ve created the folder "endorsed" under the directory path f:\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib. After copying the "xercesimpl.jar " & other files used in the parser. Explicitly Iâ ve set the class path variable for this " F:\ jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\endorsed " folder in the windows as well Unix path. Reconfigured the windows services vide â kconfig.shâ & restarted the mercury services and it worked fine. Voila!!!

Cheers,
Pradeep
pradeep k.r.
Trusted Contributor.

Solution Shared with PPM'ers