Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

No Available Action for a Request Type

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

No Available Action for a Request Type

Hi all,

I have a request we perfomed a step after that .I see an assigned user in the Approval details but when I enter to the request with that user he sees "No Avaialble Actions". He can no  take any action. Do you have any idea why this is happened? It is defined in the Security type in that decision step.

Thanks in advance,

Sevcan

11 REPLIES
SureshR
Super Contributor.

Re: No Available Action for a Request Type

Hi Sevcan,

There may be one of the following reasons for the issue.

1) Request got stuck on one of the execution step where nobody has the appropriate action. You can check the same by click on the Graphical View option of the request. Also you can check the error for the same by visiting the Transaction Details option. Both of the links you can see the bottom of the request.

2) Delete the Assigned user name again and save the request type. Reselect the Assigned user name and save the request type again.

Regards,

Suresh

sevcan
Super Contributor.

The request is on the decision step, it is not stuck in execution I checked it already. But the assigned user is filled automatically with an execution step before this decision step and it also succeded. I can see the user on the Approval details and in the security tab of the decision step Assigned to user has been defined as a actionist.

Any other idea?

Thanks,

Sevcan

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sevcan,

Did you check access grants of user?
Did you check there is the user in request type access table?
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
SureshR
Super Contributor.

Hi Sevcan,

There are two DB Column for each Field Type in PPM. One is Parameter and another is Visible_Parameter

In the function which is called by the execution step to fill the assigned user automatically, please check if you are putting the USER_ID of Assigned User in the Parameter column and User Name in the Visible_Parameter column.

Regards,

Suresh 

Govardhan07
Super Contributor.

Try this if you are not able to find the solution.

You can try the same by creating another request, if it working properly cancel the existing one and continue with new one.

Regards,

Govardhan

sevcan
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I already checked the access grants too. THe user has necessary grants. Also, Assigned to has edit access in the usear access tab in the request type.

here is the execution data,

ksc_store REQ.P.AVEA_DM_TASK_RSP="[REQ.ASSIGNED_TO_USER_ID]","[REQ.ASSIGNED_TO_NAME]"

so we are using the parameter column.

SureshR
Super Contributor.

Hi Sevcan,

Just give a try by reselecting the user (first Delete the name then save then put the name and then save) in the Assigned User Fileld.

Regards,

Suresh

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

I assume you have security set for a User Defined Token with security type of User ID and the token value set to the hidden value. Is this true?

Is this failing just for one user or for anyone?

sevcan
Super Contributor.

I have only one user defined security .I attached the security tab, so you can look at it. I used standard token to defined Assigned user and he can not seee the action buttons.

It happens for all users.

sevcan
Super Contributor.

here is the screen shot

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Look at the entry in the knta_users table for the user specified in the Assigned To field. In particular, look at the hidden value for the user data field holding the DELEGATE_1 value. Is it a user id or does it hold some other kind of value (username, full name, etc)?