Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New created request route to mistake workflow

Highlighted
yanpingw
Acclaimed Contributor

New created request route to mistake workflow

Hi,

We have set up request type RTA linked to workflow WFLA.

It's very stange for some end users, when they manually create new requests of request type RTA, the new created requests were linked to a mistake workflow ''Bug Request Type Workflow". The action buttons are totally wrong for them.

Is there any others faced the same issue? How to avoid such problem?

Would Appreciate any reply.

Thanks

Tanya

5 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: New created request route to mistake workflow

Hello,

The Bug request workflow is the PPM default workflow.

I am not sure of the configuration performed for RTA, but best practices recommend to set the workflow field readonly and populate it with a Apply on Creation rule with the desired workflow.

Another recommendation is NOT to use Simple Defaults in the rule. Instead, you should use advanced defaults and populate the workflow field via SQL query based on workflow name(pre PPM 8) or workflow reference code in order to avoid issues in the request type and workflow migration to another environment.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
yanpingw
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks alex for kindly suggestion.

We configured the RTA workflow with Apply on Creation rule and use simple default option. I will upgrade it with Advanced defaults and SQL query.

I checked our DEV and PROD environment, the specific WFLA take the same workflow_id. So it's still wonder why the new submitted RTA linked to mistake workflow for some end users randomly??

Thanks again.
Tanya
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Tanya,

did you allow the users to change the value in the workflow field?

cheers

alex

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

We use a rule with simple defaults to set the workflow on all of our request types. The workflow field cannot be changed from this value by anyone at any time. We have seen requests submitted with the default workflow occasionally with 6.0 and 7.5. We see this failure maybe once per 40,000 requests. We are evaluating 9.1 right now and are this seems to be a much more significant issue there.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

I have always used advanced defaults and I never encountered this issue. It looks like using simple defaults is the cause of this issue...

BTW, I never understood why HP still keeps these rules - they tend to cause more problems.

cheers

alex

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event