Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Field in Request Types for Project

Highlighted
Scorpex

New Field in Request Types for Project

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to find out if it is possible to add an additional Request Type to the Project Request Types Policy.

This screenshot shows where I would like to insert a new field but I'm not sure if we are unable to edit it or I just haven't found the correct place where I can modify this.

Also I have been wondering if you can modify these settings from the workbench or only through the UI

EDIT: Currently this is for PPM 9.14

I appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Mig

2 REPLIES
Derek Giedd
Frequent Visitor

Re: New Field in Request Types for Project

I do not know if it is possible or not, but you might try looking in the ProjectResources.properties file.  You can find this in the deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/resources/web folder.  A little ways into the file you will see the comment:

Used in PFM Request Type page in Project Types

This is followed by several lines for each of the Issue, Risk and Scope Change items that show on the page where you want to add this.

Depending on how this was implemented, you may be able to just copy the lines for one of the other types and change the names.  You will proabely need to run kUpdateHtml.sh and restart.

I have not tried making this change to see if it works, but this looks like the place to try.  Just remember you may need to make this change again when you upgrade.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Scorpex

Re: New Field in Request Types for Project

Hello Derek,

this looks like it is a good start, I will go ahead and test these changes since the implementation I have in mind would be pretty straight forward, I will update and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: I have made the changes by copying and pasting it and re-naming the fields  but it seems that there is more to it so I will have to continue searching, I managed to change the name of the field at least lol

It seems that the Request Type is defined somewhere else and that is why it doesn't read it, if you or someone else have any ideas they're more than welcome.

Thanks!

Mig

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event