The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Cost Categories (forecast and actual) on the same line

Highlighted
Victor2All
Acclaimed Contributor

Need Cost Categories (forecast and actual) on the same line

We use HP PPM v9.22 and use multiple cost catgories(say CC1, CC2....etc.)  within the labor Cost.

The forecast comes from the Staffing Profile and the actuals come from time sheet entry.

When I view the above in the Financial Summary I see as below:

Labor                     Jan                             Feb                             Mar  

Forecast   Actual    Forecast    Actual   Forecast   Actual

CC1             10                                20                          10  

CC2            20                               30                              22  

CC3              10                              12                            14  

CC1                                   8                                7                            7

CC2                              22                             30                          60

CC3                                8                               3                             2

Is there anyway I can view the Forecast and Actuals of each Cost Category on the same line as below?

Labor                        Jan                               Feb                          Mar   

Forecast   Actual   Forecast   Actual   Forecast   Actual

CC1                10            8                 20            7            10              7

CC2                 20         22              30           30            22            60

CC3                10            8                12           3              14              2

4 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Cost Categories (forecast and actual) on the same line

This is product functionality, PPM cost rollup engine create a new cost category line with same name in case it recalutate the cost or there is any change in resource profile cost category. 

Same is applied in case of forecast cost from satffing profile.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Victor2All
Acclaimed Contributor

Hmm.....If that is the case, how is it possible on a Program Financial Summary ?

The Project Financial Summary has the forecast and actuals of a Cost Category coming in different lines.

When I see this project roll up with other projects into a Program, the Program Financial Summary has the forecast and actual coming on the same Cost Category line.

Thanks for the quick response Utkarsh.

Victor

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Program Finacnail summary roll-up works differently.

Here the roll-up engine consolidate all the cost line cost (group by) and put it in a single appropriate cost line.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

I've had an enhancement request in with HP since PPM 7.5 for this. It makes no sense from a format perspective.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event