Did you mean: 

Multiple requests submittion & data collection within another request

Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Multiple requests submittion & data collection within another request

Hi,

I am looking for solution to following problem:
From a request (e.g. project) I need to ask users to provide some data (e.g. name or file) several times. This "request" (not PPM meaning) can be sent to different persons who can provide different data and I would like to collect all these data.
From workflow perspective I can do it via workflow step or subworkflow that can be run several times - it's not a problem.
The problem is with data collection - I need to provide storage for this data (fields in request type) without limiting it's number (so file1, file2, ..., filen is not a solution for me). I can use table component for that but in this case making fields required does not work (only first record in table will be required).

Another solution is to trigger separate request creation from my original request but in this case I would need to copy data from these separate request to my orginal request.

Maybe there is different, easier solution to this problem?

Best regards
Łukasz Czech
2 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Multiple requests submittion & data collection within another request

Hi Lukasz,

One option could be to create multiple similar fields and then use the status dependencies to display or hide the fields on each step of the workflow. So on step one, certain fields will be editable for the first user. Then in the second workflow step, other set of similar fields will be editable by the second user and so on similarly for the third and subsequent user. It will create a lot of fields on the form, but it will ensure all the data entered for similar fields by all the users is in the same (or say original) form. Then any type of data manipulation or reporting will also be very easy right from the same request. So the key here will be two things,

1. Create multiple similar fields and
2. Use status dependencies on each step on these fields to either hide or view-only or editable a set of fields for each user and it should resolve the problem.
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Re: Multiple requests submittion & data collection within another request

Hi Darshan,

thank you for your reply. I will apply this solution if no other solution will emerge. This will cause limitation to specific number of steps and data to collect and I've tried to avoid such a limitation.

Best regards
Å ukasz Czech
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event