Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Move Staffing Profile and Activity Plan

Highlighted
hyllplan
Honored Contributor.

Move Staffing Profile and Activity Plan

Hi

We want to move Staffing Profile and Activity Plan from an old Project to a newly created Project. Possible? Any impacts to consider?

Regards,

Johan

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Move Staffing Profile and Activity Plan

You cannot copy the Staffing Profile 1:1 I think, mainly because the resource pool assignments in respect to roles, resources etc might have changed and requests to the RP manager would have to be set up again.

You can 'Copy positions from exising Staffing Profile' and populate them again as before.

Then:

Action Plan = Workplan?

If so, when creating the project you can copy the workplan from another project, For obvious reasons, this can be done from the project that you are wishing to choose the staffing profile from. You then have the options what exactly what to copy from the previous workplan.

Does that help?

Best regards,

Dirk

PS. All answers created using 9.12 to check.

- Kudos always welcome -

hyllplan
Honored Contributor.

"Action Plan = Workplan?" Yes

Thanks for the input, I guess that could take us a bit further.

However my idea was to manipulate the database model... I would like to know if its possible to retain comitted resources in SP by doing that? Anyone that tried this?

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

No it's not possible. Because of PPM Staffing Profile comiting system cannot support copy. When you commit a resource, the resource loaded and notified by email.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
hyllplan
Honored Contributor.

My conclusions after testing

--

This is what you can do via GUI:

Staffing Profile is no problem, just re-link it to the new project no data is lost.

Workplan - 'copy workplan from another project' does the trick. If you want to include resources on each task you have to check what resource pools these users are registered in and temporarily set your self as an resource pool manager in these pools. Actuals is lost though, make sense.

/Johan