Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the forms

Highlighted
sam.greg

Modifying the forms

Hi,

We are using PPM 7.1 SP8. Under Demand Management we have 'Search Request' option for searching the requests.

Issue is - When we provide some values to this form and search, results are perfect with hyperlinks to respective Request IDs. However if I go to 'Advanced Search' page and then try to search results are incorrect.

How do I check, what functionality is inside 'Searcc' button and 'Advanced search'
8 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Re: Modifying the forms

Hi,

Look into \server\\deploy\itg.war\web\knta\crt

You will find following jsp files,
RequestAdvancedSearch.jsp &
RequestSearch.jsp

to determine the difference.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Niraj
Niraj P.
sam.greg

Hi,

Look into \server\\deploy\itg.war\web\knta\crt

You will find following jsp files,
RequestAdvancedSearch.jsp &
RequestSearch.jsp

to determine the difference.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Niraj

Thanks Niraj.

What are these JSP file responsible for here? I was not able to find it under the specified location.
If I want to change/tamper to functionality beneth "Advanced Search" button do I have to write java classes? If yes, how will I create it (any reference)? and any specific deployment method available?

Regards,
Sam
koya
Regular Collector

I would suggest raising a Ticket. Here is an explanation why:

You can fix it for now but when you apply a new service pack or upgrade your files would be overwritten. If the files change in a later SP which I am sure you have to merge your code. You may face a lot more issues also.

/Koya
sam.greg

Thanks Koya.

Riasing a ticket with HP is fine. We can do that and HP might give us a release date.

But if I would like to do it myself, what, where and how to go about it?

Regards,
Sam

Hi,

why do you thing the search results are incorrect? Do you get an error?

Regards
Volker
sam.greg

Hi Volker,

Yeah, I receive an error on clicking the results of that search. Search results contain many columns including hyperlinked Request Status. On clicking this hyperlinkedd Request Status, ideally it should drill down to that particular issue. But currently it throws an error.

Attaching the sequence of operation and final an error page.

Regards,
Sam
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if we understand it well.

If you are finding that the product functionality is failing then you should definately inform it to HP and wait for them to fix it, Also read thru the next releases from HP to see if this is a known issue. They might have fixed it already and you will just have to upgrade your PPM version to get it work.

I am also using PPM7.1 SP8 and not sure to see anything like this.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.

Hi Sam,

you must add the "REQUEST ID" to your selected columns and move it to the top. The search set the link always to the first column of the search result and that must be the request id.

Regards
Volker
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event