Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Modifying Resource Alerts

Highlighted
Abdullah Rafiq
Respected Contributor.

Modifying Resource Alerts

Hi,
We are on HP PPM 7.5 SP6 and are using the notifications from Resource Pools and Staffing Profiles to notify managers and resources accordingly.
We have a desire to change the content of the message body, but are not able to find the location to where the 'template' for Resource Management notifications reside. We checked the workbench where the other notification templates are stored (for timesheets, workflows etc), but this does not have the Resource Management notifications. Additionally, I looked through all (as far as I know) of the notification related tables in the DB and was not able to find the template stored somewhere.
Has anyone else successfully been able to modify the resource management notifications? Please share your findings.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES
ljokirk
Super Contributor.

Re: Modifying Resource Alerts

I contacted HP about being able to change the content in the email alerts for Staffing Profile and Resource Pool Notifications. They stated PPM doesn't have the feature to allow the users the ability to modify the resource notification email contents.

HP told me an enhancement request was recently opened to add this feature. The ER# they gave me is QCCR1L27527. I haven't been able to see it out there yet.

If anyone has other ideas how to get around this, I'd be interested as well.
Abdullah Rafiq
Respected Contributor.

Yes, that is what I was told as well. However, the message is coming from somewhere - either a database table or some JSP file. If we can find out where the message template is stored we can then modify if ... with the understanding that this would be a customization that wouldn't be supported.
So if anyone is aware as to where the resource management email templates are stored that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Abdullah Rafiq
Respected Contributor.

bump
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hey Abdullah,

I haven't tried modifying this, but I believe the messages are contained here:

/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/resources/web/StaffingResources.properties
Abdullah Rafiq
Respected Contributor.

Erik,

I took a look at the file and it looks to be promising. What we are actually trying to do is modify the URL for the instance that is accompanied at the bottom of the e-mail. The URL points to their : URL, which the end users shouldn't be using.
We want to hard-code a custom URL in there.
While I do see the e-mail subject, messages in the file you mention, I'm not seeing in there where it builds the URL.
Any leads on that specifically?