Did you mean: 

Modifying Logon.jsp file

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Modifying Logon.jsp file

I am trying to modify the Logon.JSP file the requirement is that it should be dynamic and the server need not to be bounced to make every change. I know it can be done but not sure about it. Is there a way to modify the logon.jsp file without bouncing the server. The file will read data from a custom build table.
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Modifying Logon.jsp file

There is a server.conf parameter that should automatically recompile changed JSPs:
com.kintana.core.server.JSP_RECOMPILE_ENABLED=true

But as far as I know it does not work (used to in 6.0 at least). Be aware though that this setting is meant for DEV instances, not PROD.

Hi Raka,

you must bounce the server to activate the new Logon.jsp

Is this does not work you must delete the content of the /server/kintana/tmp dir.
It can be necessary to delete the Logon_*.* files in /server/kintana/work/jboss.web/localhost/itg/org/apache/jsp/web/knta/global
as well.

For this reasons the server must be bounced.

However as Sascha mentioned depending on server.conf settings JSP files will compiled on access if they are not compiled.

Regards
Volker
mcwang
Super Collector
Solution

Hi Raka,

I too was trying to figure how to modify the Logon.jsp without rebooting. In this case, I wanted to notify users on any maintenance periods. You can try pointing to an HTML file that will show changes dynamically. I found this to be quite helpful, hopefully it will help you.

Michael
Raka_1
Collector

Thanks a lot. This what I was looking for. This solves lot of issues.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event