cancel

Modify the Search Layout of Request

Highlighted
Mamta_1
Trusted Contributor.

Modify the Search Layout of Request

Hi,

I am on HP PPM 7.1.
We can set up the request layout on the request.
IS there a way to set up the layout of the request search screen?

When you click on Advanced search after entering the Request Type, is there a logic how the fields appear on the layout?

Thanks,
Mamta
6 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Modify the Search Layout of Request

There is no direct control in Admin hands, Perhaps you can go into JSP Pages and do the modifications.... But you have to remember that this is not supported by HP.

Perhaps you can raise an Enhancement request so that HP will take care of this in new versions.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
it's random and it even changes from time to time (I think after restarting the instance).
Mamta_1
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the satisfactory answers. I would log and enhancement ticket with HP.

I was wondering if teh sequence of parameter nos have something to do with it. HP should share the logic of display of fields on serach screens.

Thanks,
Mamta
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

That should would be a great enhancement. I have had numerous discussions with HP Support(may be even Mercury)regarding this over the years but I don't think I ever logged in an actual enhancement Request. Please let us if you find anything interesting.
Thanks.
-Raj
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't think it will be possible to put the configuration of the Advanced Search page into the hands of the administrators. The fields available for selection will be the ones available in all of the selected request types, so the list will be determined dynamically.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

I agree with Jim, sorting them alphabetically would help finding the fields faster though.