Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Migration Successful, but entities do NOT show up in the other instance

Highlighted
EngPlan
Super Contributor.

Migration Successful, but entities do NOT show up in the other instance

I migrated a workflow, request header type and request type from my DEV environment to the TEST environment.  The migrations all occurred seamlessly and did not indicate any issues.  I logged into the other instance and cannot see the entities that were migrated.  I had the DBA's bounce the database to see if that would take care of the issue, but it did not.  Does anyone have a clue why this might be occurring?  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Migration Successful, but entities do NOT show up in the other instance

Is your test instance running as a cluster? We have encountered problems where nodes lost communication with each other and did not clear cache entries when changes were made by another node. Try clearing all caches, then check the CacheManager Statistics report to verify that all nodes did clear the caches. You can then check the migrated objects again. You can also bounce all PPM nodes to see if that makes the changes visible.

We identified the problems with cache processing in 7.5. I do not know if the problem exists in 8.0. It is probably fixed in 9.1 but we have not verified that yet.

EngPlan
Super Contributor.

Re: Migration Successful, but entities do NOT show up in the other instance

Unfortunately, this dolution did not work for me.  I am on version 9.12 and cleared the cache, took the nodes down and deleted both the tmp and work directories.  I then re-started the nodes, opened workbench and looked, they are still not visible.  Thanks for the suggestion though.