Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Workflows/Forms from DEV to PROD

Highlighted
Patrick N. Conn
Acclaimed Contributor

Migrating Workflows/Forms from DEV to PROD

I'm fairly new with PPM (we're using v6.0 now with plans to upgrade to 7 this summer). We have made several extensive changes to a workflow (new flow/new validations, notifications) and associated form (new fields, rules, etc). I would like to know how, if possible, to migrate these from our PPM DEV to PRODUCTION instances. Is there a way to package all the objects, forms up and then use a workflow to move from one PPM instance to another?

The reason is that the changes are quite exhaustive, and I'd like to save time and make sure I don't miss anything.
2 REPLIES
Tim Brandish
Frequent Visitor

Re: Migrating Workflows/Forms from DEV to PROD

You need to read the documentation on Deployment Management.

You'll have to set up Environments for dev, prod, etc. You'll need to choose an existing best practices workflow or create your own that has execution steps that use the built in workflow event, "execute_object_commands." set the environments in the execution step so that Dev is in the Source and Prod is in the Destination. Create a package with the workflow and create line items of object types (request type, workflow, etc), edit the line items with the information specific to your request type/workflow. Finally, you submit the package and work through any errors in the log that you have.
SID_24
Super Collector

Re: Migrating Workflows/Forms from DEV to PROD

Hi, try this attachment
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event