The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Database Schemas

Highlighted
Karim Soliman
Occasional Advisor

Migrating Database Schemas

I was trying to migrate the DB schema from one ppm center to another, but i dont know how i can Export the RML Schema, any ideas?
4 REPLIES
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Re: Migrating Database Schemas

Check System Administration Guide and Reference (SysAdmin.pdf)->9. Migrating instances-> Migrating Database Schemas

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/exp USERID=system/password@db FILE=Filename> OWNER= LOG=c:/export_knta_710.
Karim Soliman
Occasional Advisor

i Already did check the system guide, but in step 3 page 220, it says EXPORT THE RML SCHEMA, without any details how, is this somehow linked to step 2?
Thanks for your concern
Łukasz Czech
Collector

You have created 2 schemas during installation - PPM and RML - you simply need to provide these 2 users as OWNER value in exp call. PPM owner will export PPM tables and DB objects, RML will export viwes and some DB objects.
chonacaraan
Occasional Contributor

In 1 PPM Environment (e.g. Dev) you need to have 2 schemas (Base and RML). If you want to copy these 2 schemas, you need to export these 2 schemas from your source database schema and then import these 2 schemas to your destination database schema. Please note that your destination database schema should not have any objects in it yet to import the database successfully.

But if you just need to migrate specific objects from a ppm to another ppm environment just use the change/deployment management module. Just make sure it was already setup.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event