Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Migrate data from 6.1 to PPM 7.5

Highlighted
p.rodriguez
Frequent Contributor.

Migrate data from 6.1 to PPM 7.5

Hello,
I need to migrate data from some request in version 6.1 to other requests in version 7.5. Which is the best way to o it?
To export data: Can I download data directly to excel?
To import data in new version 7.5: can I import data from excel? Is there any other way?

Could I upgrade some fields of the request after create the request??

Thank you very much in advance.
6 REPLIES
Sachin Mishra
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Migrate data from 6.1 to PPM 7.5

Hello,

First export all the request in Excel.
then try to map it with Open interface table for requests.

KCRT_REQUESTS_INT
KCRT_REQUEST_DETAILS_INT
KCRT_REQ_HEADER_DETAILS_INT
KCRT_TABLE_ENTRIES_INT
You can have step by step discription of how to use open interface in document library
-->Open Interface Guide and Reference..
After this try to run Import Requests Report which is OOTB administrative report.
Try to do it, this should work for you.

Thanks,
Sachin
p.rodriguez
Frequent Contributor.

Ok, thanks I will try it. But how can I export the data into excel directly? Because the way I know it is using queries to the DB and importing it to excel...

Sachin Mishra
Frequent Contributor.

Writting a Data base query is the only option i know.
check the interface table which all fields are required then try to builb a query to capture data of request.
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

Are you running an upgrade from 6.x to 7.x? If so all the requests should migrate over as part of the upgrade. No need to export/import.
p.rodriguez
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

I'm using queries right now, but to migrate thousands of differents request types is not gonna be easy.

We are not really migrating from 6.0 to 7.5, we are only migrating data. He have created new workflows and so on in PPM 7.5.

Are not there any automatic way to migrate the data? Because we have to "stop" the Production PPM 6.0 in order to migrate data without losing any information (to avoid user to change more data). I guess we have to do for each request_type:
1. Queries to export data
2. To Transform data into excel (we have to change ID related with other request types)
3. To Generate xml files
4. To Import the xml files.

Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

You could upgrade your 6.0 instance and then migrate the new workflows, dashboards etc. from your 7.5 to the upgraded one. Would be much less effort (in both cases test is very important of course)
Regards
Sascha