Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message" "Error on Page"

Highlighted
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Message" "Error on Page"

While trying to click an action button on a request on the front end, the page does not refresh and "error on page" is listed at the bottom left of the browser window. We are not able to move or save requests.
14 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Message" "Error on Page"

Katy, if you double-click the error message (IE) does it open a popup that gives any hints?

Sometimes this is caused by a rule that does not work properly. This disrupts javascript on the page and can cause this behavior. I'd double check your rules.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Also clear your browser Cache and System Cache by kRunCacheManager Script and see whether you see any changes.

Please see what changes you have done from the last time, If you see the scripting error, It can give us some overview.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Good Day.
I have same issue then user try to attach file frim link in "My tasks" portlet.
This is BUG. I'm waiting for HP Support.
Good Luck
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

when i double-click, here is the error details:

Line: 193
Char: 16
Error: 'length' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://wappmab00035t09/itg/web/knta/crt/
RequestDetail.jsp?REQUEST_ID=612509&ID_CACHE_NAME=REQ_SEARCH_0
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Kindly move this Request type to your Development environment.

And disable all the rules for this request type and check whether you still get this scripting error.

If the scripting error disappears, then this error is due to Rules.

Enable the rules one by one and see what causes the error.

If Rules is not the issue, I suspect it must be the validation.

Were the fields in the request not aligned as per the definition in the Layout tab of Request type?

Regards,
Mahendran M
prabu.karunanit
Regular Collector

Hi Katy,

Solution for this issue

Please check , if you have any Rule on page load Rule. If so , Check you have passed the request Status along with the field dependency.

otherwise, check the status dependency of the field is not editable and make it only visible and in page load rule make that field not visible vice versa.. according to your requirement.

if again the error occurs, please run kRuncachemanger with the option A and check it.

Try the above options, if again the problem comes, you have to check one by one rule (only UI Rules) for the page load.

Thanks,
Prabu
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Hello,

Sorry it has been a while on this...i am tryng to determine what is meant by rules "on page load". My rule options are "apply on creation" or "apply on field change"...

Thanks!
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Katy - if you're on 7.5 or later then you also have the option to configure rules to fire on page load (and other options). If you're running 6.0 or 7.1 then you only have the "apply on creation" or "apply on field change" options.

Since this does sound like a rule issue, have you tried Mahendran's advice above?
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

ok...i have disabled all rules and submitted the request, and i still get the error.

Additionally, I tried to click the "out of box" cancel button at the bottom of the request and got this error:

Invalid workflow event for Demand Management (KCRT-40114)
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Is this happening in both dev & prod?
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

just dev right now. i dont want to migrate anything for fear that the request type in prod will then be unavailable.

Sometimes this error occurs if one of the existing requests contains "null" data or corrupted data. I've had the corrupted data case occur 3-5 times.

Since this is your dev environment, do you have an option to delete all existing request of the request type?

- Nisha
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

sure i can try that
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

no luck :(
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event