Did you mean: 

Message Seen In Server Logs

Highlighted
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Message Seen In Server Logs

Hello,

I have been consistantly getting the following message in my server logs,
Any one else has seen this before. Is there any specific thing that needs to be checked.

JSESSIONID=1A42963178C5914DBFE419F76FF64B84.kintana,USERNAME=:http-0.0.0.0-28706-Processor13:org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine:2008/09/11-14:16:00.519 CDT: ApplicationDispatcher[/itg] Servlet.service() for servlet DashboardServlet threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been committed

AND

JSESSIONID=E6402A59536838CA061CA3FAB7D66899.kintana,USERNAME= server:http-0.0.0.0-28706-Processor20:com.kintana.web:2008/09/11-13:41:10.848 CDT: Cannot load Dashboard menu.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot forward after response has been committed

Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES
Milind Kapdoska
Occasional Contributor

Re: Message Seen In Server Logs

Liz

I have seen this message time and again in my serverLogs and discussed with hp support. They haven't yet satisfactorily answered it. But this does not seem to interfere with any of the application functionality or performance. Do you have a 2 tier (app and db server) setup or a 3 tier (web, app and db server) setup. We have seen this in a 2 tier setup.

Thanks
Milind
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Thanks Milind, we too have a two tier application,I too have logged a SR with HP but have not heard from them.

Thanks
g051051
Acclaimed Contributor

That error is caused when the browser has closed the connection before the server has responded. Usually happens when a user is clicking on items before a page has fully rendered, or closes the browser when a request is still active, etc. When the server detects the connection is closed, it doesn't interrupt the request processing. When the thread handling the original request tries to return data, it gets the error because the socket is now closed.
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

hi,

any1 found a permanent solution for this kind of issues?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event