Mass Demand Request Cancel

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
jdmumper
Occasional Advisor

Mass Demand Request Cancel

(HP PPM 9.11)

We are in the midst of cleaning up open requests that have been allowed to languish without being closed out.  I'd like to just run a batch process to cancel them (there are over 3000).  Does anyone know of a way to take a set of request numbers and force them to cancel (either through a UI or Oracle)?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Mass Demand Request Cancel

You can do this by populating KWFL_TRANSACTIONS_INT with the request IDs that you want to cancel, use INSTANCE_SET_CANCEL as the Event, and run the Workflow Transaction Open
Interface. Check out the Open Interface guide...they have a PL/SQL block in there you can modify & use.

skbd
Regular Collector

Eric, I know this is a couple years old, but the actual Request Number - does that go into the 

TRANSACTION_ID column of the KWFL_TRANSACTIONS_INT table?

Then the EVENT column is set to INSTANCE_SET_CANCEL.

Per the documentation, there will also need to be a group_id set.  Is anything else mandatory?

Thanks,

Steve Duncan

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Steve,

there is a much simpler option for you: use the ksc_move_request_workflow PL/SQL procedure.

You can find all required information in the Commands and Tokens Guide.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
skbd
Regular Collector

Got it - thanks Alex.

I have managed to get a report set up to use this functionality.  Works just fine!

bzdafro
Collector

Wanted to renew this discussion.   Can anyone comment on how they manage cleaning up old unsubmitted requests or reports?   Do you leave them  or build a report to clean up unsubmitted reports or requests using ksc_move_request_workflow PL/SQL procedure?   Was wondering how that works?   

Did you setup option to auto cancel unsubmitted requests older than xx days old?   

Is it possible to run a query of unsubmitted requests and pipe that into a cleanup procedure?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event