Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Resources when uploading a workplan from MS Project

Highlighted
Dr_RWM
Acclaimed Contributor

Mapping Resources when uploading a workplan from MS Project

Hi, I am trying to use the HP MS Project Add-in to upload MS Project workplans to PPM. I am able to upload workplans from Project, configure PPM and display the PPM task from within MS Project (i.e., the interface between MS Project 2007 and PPM is working), but when I try to map the resources when uploading the MS Project plan, my name is the only name that shows up in the list. When I try to do a "Find" there are no other names found, even if I assign the resources that are in the MS Project file to the PPM project resource pool.

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES
Cat_2
Regular Collector

Re: Mapping Resources when uploading a workplan from MS Project

In your project setting under "Microsoft project integration" there should be an option on how to map resource names in project to those in PPM. I believe the default is by username, but you can choose "first last" or "last, first".

What is your set to and does the resource name in MSProject align to that?

Another option to look at is if you record actuals via time entry make sure those resources listed have time entry licenses. I've run into cases where it will not let me add resources to tasks if they are not in a resource pool or have the proper license.

mike_se
HPE Expert

Re: Mapping Resources when uploading a workplan from MS Project

Seen a similar behavior where another client had the same issue.

Try adding the Resources to a Resource Pool.

Everything worked as expected after this.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event