The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Manager in LDAP to PPM Import

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Mapping Manager in LDAP to PPM Import

I know I have already set up few LDAP to ITG imports in the past  ..but for some reasons I am having brain farts today :-(

Can someone Please help me with mapping User's LDAP Manager value to ITG.?

My LDAP User imports keeps on failing because the User's "Manager" value which is in DN format (CN=LName\, FName,OU=Users,OU=Place,DC=ad,DC=company,DC=com).

User Error:INVALID_MANAGER:The manager username or logon identifier CN=LName\, FName,OU=Users,OU=Place,DC=ad,DC=company,DC=com is not an existing user, and also is not a new user being created by this import group.

Will Appreciate the suggestion. Thanks.

-Raj

@KNTA_USERS_INT

USERNAME=sAMAccountName

FIRST_NAME=givenName

LAST_NAME=sn

EMAIL_ADDRESS=mail

PHONE_NUMBER=telephoneNumber

DEPARTMENT_MEANING=department

LOCATION_MEANING=location

# MANAGER_USERNAME=manager

MANAGER_LOGON_IDENTIFIER=manager

6 REPLIES
penoles
Regular Collector

Re: Mapping Manager in LDAP to PPM Import

Hi Raj,

I haven't tested, but I believe if you use the attribute map to MANAGER_LOGON_IDENTIFIER is DN format, you should also map user LOGON_IDENTIFIER to user's DN

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Raj,

We are using for both field registration number (all employee has a unique registration number). These fields get link back to the user list.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please KUDOS the professionals and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Hi Penoles, Celil,
Sorry for late response here, surprisingly I never got notified about these updates :-( .. I guess even Forum notification was on Labor day break :-)

Penoles,
Can you please clearify a litte more please. Are u suggesting to map User's LOGON_IDENTIFIER instead of USERNAME ? 

Celil,
What do you mean by field registration number ? How is that stored in LDAP and how are you mapping that to ITG ?

As I mentioned guys, I had this going in this exact system a couple of years ago with very minor difference in mapping parameter. But unfortunately those files got wiped off during clones and my memory is not helping me :-( .. ...

...I would appreciate any tips you guys can provide...

-Raj

penoles
Regular Collector

Hi Raj, I mean keep current USERNAME map and add map for LOGON_IDENTIFIER with USER DN. Then the MANAGER_LOGON_IDENTIFIER could match correct user by LOGON_IDENTIFIER as they are both in DN format, Users still use their USERNAME to logon ppm.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Raj,

As you said, normally, manager value in LDAP stored as CN=LName\,FName,OU=Users,OU=Place,DC=ad,DC=company,DC=com.  But PPM can not read it. You can add LDAP, extension fields namely extensionAttribute1,2,3 and so on. You must create an extension field to simulate manager value. Then use this field in ldapattribute.conf file as MANAGER_USERNAME=extensionAttribute7.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please KUDOS the professionals and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Actually we don't control any changes on the LDAP side and are required to use the Data as is.....

BUT ... 

My Memory switch just turned on :-)  ...and Now I remember the "small" attribute mapping change that I had done before which helped us to use the DN value .. instead of "manager" I needed to map the to "ermanager".  It was that simple :-)

Here is what I did and now its working wonderfully !!  Hopefully this is going to be helpful for some other people :-)

MANAGER_LOGON_IDENTIFIER=ermanager

Thanks.

-Raj

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event