Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Mandatory Fields

Highlighted
Dominic Almeida
Respected Contributor.

Mandatory Fields

Hi

I've placed some mandatory fields in the form, which are required to go to next step in the workflow.

But the problem is that even without filling a value in those fields, PPM doesn't allow the Project Manager to save and come back later to start the rest of the incomplete fields.

meaning he must put values on all the mandatory fields for saving his work.

isnt there any way to avoid this.

Means that he saves, 3 out of 8 mandatory fields and then logs out and logs in some other time to complete the rest?

regards
5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Mandatory Fields

I have a workaround, if you want the fields mandatory when you go from one decision step to the next WF Step.

ie the fields will be mandatory as soon as you click the transition buttons in the decision step. If you want this to be done in that Decision step status itself, then we can do it, but it will increase the complexity of the WF. For that you should have clear requirements and solid reason to do that.

Regards,
Mahendran M
kerimkilic
Trusted Contributor.

you cant do it, mandatory means ppl cant save form without filling all of them. partial save is not allowed.
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Not sure what version you are using but form 8.0 on you should be able to utilize the "Save Progress" functionality to save Notes or partial entries in the form.
Another way, although not very effective is, you can configure to "Re-confirm" those fields in the current step and make those fields "Required" in the immediate step after that. You can also use UI rules to highlight those fields if needed in the current step.
Thanks.
-Raj
Dominic Almeida
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I am thankfull to everybody for sharing their views.

What I did was, I placed a form completion checklist of read only fields, "charter completed? (Yes/No), Scope Completed (Yes/No) and on the Page load, I used to check these fields (by passing the tokens to an oracle function which returns "Yes or No" on each form.

while these checklists readonly fields also have a token, which I checked in an automatic step just after the mannual step through a function and upon "Success" it moved on and on "Failure" I returned it to the same step with a "showMessage" UI rule

regards
Dominic Almeida
Respected Contributor.

My last reply gets the answer