Make Field Prompt Colored for PPMC Fields

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mamta_1
Super Collector

Make Field Prompt Colored for PPMC Fields

Hi,

On 7.1, we were making the prompts of the fields colored by writing this in the field prompt:

Field name

Now, in 8.0, it shows the whole code instead of just the field name. Whats the resolution to this problem. I tried mentioning also but doesnt work.

Anybody has any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Mamta
4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Make Field Prompt Colored for PPMC Fields

What happens if you put your html string in the field's Description entry instead of the Prompt entry? I do not have 8.0 available to try it myself.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi,
What is the parameter number? is it 1 - 40?

I hope it works only for fields 41 - 40 whose size is 4000 characters, This is what I heard from a PPM Consultant.

Kindly check up and advice.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hello Mamta,
unfortunately the prompts are rendered a little differently in release 8, what you are trying is not working in the new release. You can format the field style with a UI-rule like setFieldStyle(className) but this will not change the prompt, I think.
We are also not happy with the changes because in our RTs there are many long prompts that used to be wrapped automatically. In release 8 theystay in a single line making the requests in the browser extremely wide, users need to scoll horizontally a lot.
Tim_Gator
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to change the color/size of the field labels in 9.14 using setFieldStyle and I am not having success. I can effect the text that appears in the entry promts with the UI rule, but not the text label for that same prompt. It seems like there ought to be a way to do this.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event