The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail notification, HELP!!

Highlighted
RRK_19
Regular Collector

Mail notification, HELP!!

Hi,

I need to send a mail to the user when it reaches a certain status.

The 'To' address keeps changing according to the user specified. So, i populated one text field with the email address corressponding to the username specified at that moment.

Now, how do i make this text fields value to be populated in the recepient address of the notification. I tried using the option "User definied token", but mails are not getting sent.

Can anyone pls help!!

Thanks,

Roopesh  

4 REPLIES
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

Re: Mail notification, HELP!!

u need to put user token in that user defined token at notification, no need to store mail adress in a text field.

RRK_19
Regular Collector

Ya, we used to do that. but in this case, the user is not associated with mail address.

The mail address are stored in the form of table component (our requirement is like that).

We take the mail address from that TC and populate it in the text field.

Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

i didnt use it but can you try use email_address in notification configuration and put token in the field.
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Roopesh,

I think you need not create any field for populating the email_address. If the user's username is specified in the field then you can send notification according to the attached snapshot (In the notification tab of the decision step in the workflow). Whenever the username will change then the field token would contain the new value and will send the notification to the updated user.

P.S. Please mark it as accepted solution and give KUDOS if this resolves your query.

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event