Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Project-Sending WP to PPM Center problem

Highlighted
TurboMan

MS Project-Sending WP to PPM Center problem

Hi,

When I try to send a MS Project WorkPlan to PPM v8.04, I get the "Invalid Username or Password" error.

There is no login details in "User Preferences..." menu item except PPM url.

It doesn't even ask for the user details.

I attached the jpeg files.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

TM

6 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MS Project-Sending WP to PPM Center problem

Hi TM,

Maybe it simple but did you check connection settings? Or can you connect to PPM from the computer? In Addition to that has this user project manager licence and security settings?
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
TurboMan

Hi,

Thanks

I can send to TEST version but not the PROD machine.

I have the Configuration and User Administration licences.

Regards

TM

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi TM,

maybe you have the 'remember username'-box checked underneath the PPM Server URL?

Possibly the workplan is also already associated with a projectc, in which case it would have the server and credentials already stored. Copy the workplan to a new project-file and try with the new workplan to see if you can then connect to the prod server.

best regards,

dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

TurboMan

Hi Dirk,

I've been bogging down for two days, almost tried everything.

'remember username'-box not checked.

WP is not associated with any project it is a new one.

And I re-checked all settings.

I didn't quite understand what you mean by "Copy the workplan to a new project-file and try with the new workplan to see if you can then connect to the prod server", if you explain a bit more please thanks.

Regards

TM

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi TM,

ideally, I would next try to clean out the browser-cache just to make sure that there is nothing cached from the test-server that might get in the way of prod.

If this really is a clean workplan that hasn't been related to any project on either test or prod before, then it doesn't make sense to copy it over to a new project.

What I'd be interested in:

If you open a new project-file (thus open msp and create one or two tasks), can you save and connect to the prod server THEN? or is it generally not possible?? How about updating existing workplans to projects that already have the relationship and synch set up?

If all fails, I'd say you open up a new support case to have the nvestigation triggered.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi TM,

- Are you using some SSO or LDAP authentication in your production environment?

- Do you see the prompt for login and password or do you immediately have the "invalid username or password" message popping up?

- What are the differences between test and prod environment exactly?

- What is the URL of your PPM Production instance, is it of the form http(s)://server[:port]/itg or is there something else between "itg" and the server name:port ?

Thanks,

Etienne.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event