Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

MS Project Online or MS Project 2016.

Highlighted
bburto
Contributor.

MS Project Online or MS Project 2016.

Being asked about compatibility with MS Project 2016 and Project Online.  I haven't found any info in searches.  Any idea on when that might occur?

3 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
Micro Focus Expert

Re: MS Project Online or MS Project 2016.

Hi,

PPM plugin for MS Project is currently not certified with MS Project 2016 (might work, might not work, but it won't be officially supported), and definitely doesn't work with Project Online as it's a completely different technology.

You will never get an official answer from HPE when asking a question about future features or support that aren't in the product yet. All I can say is:

- We're currently working on it. (That's it for the good news part :) )

- Support for Project Online will require to completely reconsider how PPM integrates with MS Project, as the current PPM Plugin for MS Project is based on .Net Add-In technology, which does NOT work with Project Online nor any product from the Office 365 suite.

- If something gets delivered to support Project Online (and MS Project 2016), that very likely won't happen before the end of Fiscal Year 2016 (i.e. late Autumn 2016). Might be later. Might be never. No official date nor commitment, sorry!

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

bburto
Contributor.

Any updates on this?  We are looking at 9.4 and don't see any compatibility with Project 2016 there nor Project Online that works with Office365.

CyCLoPs
Micro Focus Expert

Hi bburto,

We are supporting MS Project 2016 with PPM 9.41

Link: https://ppm-help.saas.hpe.com/en/9.41/Help/Content/SA/SysReqs/100500_SysReqs_ClientSide.htm