Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIG_ALL_SECURITY_GROUPS_MISSING

Highlighted
Matt Herring U
Acclaimed Contributor

MIG_ALL_SECURITY_GROUPS_MISSING

I get the following error when I attempt to import a Project Type into our PPM system:
"All the security groups under either the edit or usage section is missing from the configure access page. (KNTA-11189)Message name: MIG_ALL_SECURITY_GROUPS_MISSING".

We have no security groups set for this project type under Edit and Usage and I am selecting "No" to the question in the migrator that says "Add missing security groups?".

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES
ljokirk

Re: MIG_ALL_SECURITY_GROUPS_MISSING

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas. But...I am getting the same error for a different scenario. I tried to migrate (extract and import) workplan template objects from Dev to Prod.

I'm getting an informational error as well -"The reference to the Security Group null was removed, because this Security Group could not be found in this HP Project and Portfolio Management instance. (KNTA-10628)

Message name: MIG_REFERENCE_NOT_FOUND".

I also selected "No" to the "Add missing security groups?" question in the migrator.

We are using PPM v7.5 with SP1-3 applied.

Mark_Gerke
Occasional Contributor

I notice this is 3 years old.  I have the same error today.  I searched on the web for both "MIG_ALL_SECURITY_GROUPS_MISSING" and "KNTA-11189" with no luck.  

Any body have suggestions?

Version 9.14

Moving workplan template from Dev to QA. 

Thanks

Mark

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

First, you can find all of the KNTA-XXXXX messages in the KNTA_MESSAGES_NLS table.  Reading the actual message in that table, it seems to me that there are no security groups on the entity being migrated that exist on the target system.  Since you have already stated that you are not adding missing security groups, have you tried adding them?

Mark_Gerke
Occasional Contributor

We started out with no security groups. Then we added our *General* security group that everyone is in to both places.  Dev and QA should match up not only with the name, but the ID on this security group since the group was around well before we copied the data to the 2 systems from Production.

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

It may not be directly related, but we did have a similar problem with security groups when migrating a module in 9.14. The fix for that problem was released in service pack 5, I think. If that does not fix your problem, I would suggest opening a ticket with HP and have them look into it.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event