The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGS.KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_U1 errpr

Highlighted
chateau_1
Super Collector

MGS.KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_U1 errpr

When trying to migrate workflows using the workflow migrator from DEV to QA, i get the following error:

I have no idea what this means, it's complaining about a workflow step security (i.e groups???) but as far as I remember, those should be in synch by both environments.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Catherine

Source of error Severity Error message  Error

ORA-00001: unique constraint (MGS.KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_U1) violated {KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_TH-300} GUID=CB845E57-E0A9-419F-6CCE-691FFD578501

Message name: ORACLE_ERROR

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: MGS.KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_U1 errpr

Hi Catherine,

When we migrate workflow, we also migrate workflow step securities. A migrated workflow replaces an existing workflow of the same name, therefore in likewise manner, workflow step security should replace the same workflow step security. However, workflow step security has no name, so we need to match them by the properties that makes them unique, which is a combination of security type and security group/user/token and use the same ID. Obviously, if you have two entries that has the same properties, then they will map to the same ID. Hence the error.

What you CAN do is  try to import the workflow, after changing the workflow name - this should work. If that's not an option and assuming that you're on a supported PPM-version I would log a case. Then please also supply the following information:

Select max(WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_ID) from KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY;

select KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY_S.nextval from dual;

select * from KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY;

select KWFL_WORKFLOWS_S.NEXTVAL from dual;

SELECT WORKFLOW_STEP_ID, SECURITY_GROUP_ID, count(*)
FROM KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEP_SECURITY
where SECURITY_GROUP_ID IS NOT NULL
GROUP BY WORKFLOW_STEP_ID, SECURITY_GROUP_ID
HAVING count(*) > 1;

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

chateau_1
Super Collector

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the suggestion.

After running your queries, I got different results from both environments.  Will dig a little deeper and will investigate more about the discrepancy. 

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hey again,

thanks for the update.

Hope you keep me posted - wish you the best of luck.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event