Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Looking for a report to show capacity of anyone with a certain skill

Highlighted
mcmunnd1
Respected Contributor.

Looking for a report to show capacity of anyone with a certain skill

We have our skills and levels of all IT employees in our PPM database. I would like 1 report that shows me, based on skill and level, who has available capacity. Does a report like that exist?
6 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Looking for a report to show capacity of anyone with a certain skill

Have you tried Resource Management > Analyze Resources > Search Resource Availability?
mcmunnd1
Respected Contributor.

This is very close. However, I also need the report to be exported, and the number of hours of available capacity they have per month. Not the percentage of how well the availability fits in a certain time frame.

I am trying to find out when to start a project, so I need to know whoever has the skills I need - when they have enough capacity to do the work.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
I don't think there is any report which matches your exact specific requirements.

If the report is close, Try to get the Query which is getting fired by turning on the JDBC Logging in the Workbench and finding the Query in the JDBC Log?

You can use that Query as a base and you can create your own Report.

Regards,
Mahendran M
mcmunnd1
Respected Contributor.

I'll talk to my technical person. Thank you.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

With the analyze assignment load portlet and its drill down you can have such an export but only by roles not skills.
Would be a nice ER though.
mcmunnd1
Respected Contributor.

I will be logging an ER next week if I don't get a more usable response. (My technical person indicated it is not so easy to build a report from the query from the logging.) It would seem to me that this is a common request from a project management tool. I appreciate all responses!