The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Screen

Highlighted
tech_cons
Regular Collector

Login Screen

When system is timeout, login screen comes and timeout message appear. Can we change content of timeout message?

You can see screenshot in attached file.

We use ppm 8.0 snd sp1.
15 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Login Screen

Usually the logo file has been provided in the directory named CORPORATEBRAND.GIF.

\SERVER\KINTANA\DEPLOY\ITG.WAR\WEB\KNTA\GLOBAL\IMAGES\EN directory.

Please seck up whether you have any settings there..

Regards,
Mahendran M
tech_cons
Regular Collector

thanks for your reply. but there is 'gif' files. I don't want to change pictures. I only change writing content. Do you have different solution?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I am not sure where the text will exactly be.

Please see in the that location whether there are options to change text.

Or search the server the exact text and eventually it will return some files and I hope only one file will be returned.

Regards,
Mahendran M
tech_cons
Regular Collector

I hope, thanks.

Best regards.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
it's probably from logonerror.jsp (in the global subdir), there are placeholders (PAGE_HAD_FOLLOWING_ERROR.TXT) used. The actual text will be hardcoded somewhere, or in release 8 it is probably somewhere in a localisation table.
In a single language environment you could hardcode the text in the jsp file. We have done so for the heading text on the logon page.
Carlos Jose Gom
Super Collector

At LogonContent.jsp you have an String object (message) with the messages to show. You can manipulate that object as you want. We have changed some of the messages returned by the system before is rendered to the user.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Don't know if changing here will do anything, but you can see them here:

select *
from KNTA_MESSAGES
where MESSAGE_ID = 10674
tech_cons
Regular Collector

Hi,
thanks for all reply. I run this code 'select *
from KNTA_MESSAGES
where MESSAGE_ID = 10674'.
table is changed in ppm 8.0. table name is knta_messages_nls. I changed from there but It isn't changed. I think,we also should change in different places. but I didn't find. This mention isn't suggested to me.

I want to ask one more question:
You can see details in attached file.
Carlos Jose Gom
Super Collector

For title you have in Logon.jsp a line like this:

<%=localeCtrl.getValue("KINTANA_LOGON_TITLE.TXT", pageContext)%>

you can search the resource and try to change as you need or directly change the line of code as you wants, i changed the code because we have a whole custom logon page.
tech_cons
Regular Collector

Hi,

yes I found this sentence in logon.jsp. but I couldn't find resource of 'KINTANA_LOGON_TITLE.TXT'. so I directly changed line of code.But It didn't. Do you know,how can I find resource of 'KINTANA_LOGON_TITLE.TXT'?

Thanks.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

In PPM 7.x, you need to bounce the PPM instance after changing any of the jsp files. As far as I could tell, they are cached after the first reference and not refreshed until the instance is restarted.
tech_cons
Regular Collector

I run JSPCompiler and restarted the system. but there isn't any changes. 'KINTANA_LOGON_TITLE.TXT' is also in LogonContent.jsp. I think,I should also change in LogonContent. but how? does anyone know?

Thanks.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

I have no experience with 8.0 but I assume it is essentially the same as 7.5 in this regard. Changing the title in Logon.jsp will only affect the title bar at the top of the browser window and the text in the minimized window's tab. Recompilation is not necessary for changes to the jsp files to take effect. You just need to bounce the instance.

Error messages that are displayed on the logon page are set up with the following excerpt from LogonContent.jsp:

request.getAttribute(WebConstants.AUTHENTICATION_EXCEPTION).toString()

Since this can result in a variety of error messages depending on the problem encountered, you would need to add code to check for the specific error text you want to change and place the new text in the variable being displayed. The text being returned here may not be anywhere in PPM. It may just be returning text from external functions that are being called by PPM.
tech_cons
Regular Collector

Thanks fo your answer.
I changed in Logon.jsp.I also changed KINTANA_LOGON_TITLE_TXT = PPM Logon as we want from KEXP_Resources.properties(web_inf/resources/ws)
but,It don't.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event