Log on Page Customization

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Log on Page Customization

Hi,
We were trying to Customize PPM 7.5 and replace the Corporate logos and the word "Project and Poftfolio Management Center" on the main Logon Page. The way we use the tool here, it makes so much more sense to keep our old name in 6.0 "IT Governance Center" here as well.
I "think" I found our how I can replace Corporate logo in "logon.jsp" file but could not figure out how the word "Project and Portfolio Management Center" could be replaced.
Is it possible to rename that as something else ? Would any of you be able to give us any idea about that ?
Thanks in advance.
-Raj
3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Log on Page Customization

Look at the 7.5 reference manual "Customizing the Standard Interface" for instructions for changing the logos. This is very straightforward. You may need to refresh your browser to pick up new files.

Text can be changed in the file $PPM_HOME/server//deploy/itg.war/web/knta/global/Logon.jsp. The text is populated with statements like:
<%=localeCtrl.getValue(
"PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT", pageContext)%>.
Replace this function call with the text you want to have appear. You will need to bounce the instance to have the change take effect as the page is cached after it is built the first time.
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jim !
I was going through the same document last night and did figure out the Logo part on Logon page. But wasn't quite sure about the Text part.
I will follow your suggestions and see if that helps me.
Thanks again !
-Raj
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jim.
As you sugested, Simply replacing "localeCtrl.getValue(
"PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT", pageContext)" with my intended Text did the trick for me :-)

Thanks for your help !
-Raj
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event