Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock on PPM tables when workbench closes abruptly

Highlighted
Deepali Gupta
Super Collector

Lock on PPM tables when workbench closes abruptly

Hi,
If i am modifying a workflow or request type , and my workbench closes abruptly (network disconnnect, force closure when workbench is stuck), it locks the objects that i have been modifying.

//Error message:
This workflow is being modified by another database session.//

Therefore am unable to modify the objects. The lock renains active for days until the DBAs forcely kill the database session from backend.

For example, the locks are shown on tables KWFL_WORKFLOW_STEPS_NLS and KWFL_WORKFLOWS_NLS.

The session is idle but the transaction is still open. The session should commit or rollback to release the lock.

I am facing this issue almost everyday whenever the workbench hangs.

Has anybody faced similar issues & found some solution?

Thanks
Deepali
4 REPLIES
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Re: Lock on PPM tables when workbench closes abruptly

Deepali, that is just the way Oracle locks the object. Since you should be making changes in the DEV system, it should not be a big problem restarting the DB.
Deepali Gupta
Super Collector

Hi Dale,
I believe the locks should be automatically released once the workbench is closed.

Thanks
Deepali
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Sometimes a function takes a while to complete. I have seen the Workbench appear to lock up for several minutes before it finally repaints the window. When locks are left by an interrupted process, bouncing the application or database, or clearing the associated db connection should take care of it. If you feel the application is deficient, you will need to open a Case with the vendor, but don't expect to see a change in processing anytime soon.
sirib9
Regular Collector

Hi,

We faced the same issue last week and we were not able to update the user data in workbench. Lock did not release after closing the workbench/application. By recycling the application jvms lock was released and we were able to update the user data in workbench.

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event