Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Users From External Source into KNTA_USES_INT

Highlighted
Kevin Abram
Occasional Contributor

Loading Users From External Source into KNTA_USES_INT

All,

I am currently loading users from an External Source into the KNTA_USERS_INT table. As part of the loading of each User Record, I need to specify which licenses should be assigned to each user. While looking at the User Open Interface Guide, I discovered the field where the product license information should be placed, PRODUCT_ID_LIST. I need to know what content should be placed in this field. Do you have to string together the descriptions of the Products, the Product_ID numbers, etc. and what should the delimiter be?

Thanks

Kevin Abram
2 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Loading Users From External Source into KNTA_USES_INT

The product_id_list is an output value set by the Import Users report. Anything you put into this field will be overwritten.

Product licenses are selected on the Import Users report and will be the same for all users imported by that report. You will need one instance of the report for every combination of licenses needed by your users.

Users that existed before the report runs will have exactly the licenses specified on that report. The exceptions are that users with Configuration licenses and/or User Administration licenses will still have those licenses.
Kevin Abram
Occasional Contributor

Re: Loading Users From External Source into KNTA_USES_INT

All,

For those of you who are interested, in order to specify Products(Licenses) for each user record in KNTA_USERS_INT, you have to specify the Product_Id number for the product you wish to assign delimited by commas in the case of multiple products.

So each users record in the KNTA_USERS_INT table would have to have something similar to 2,3,5; if you were assigning Demand, Project and Time Management licenses.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event