Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Linking a workplan activity to a workflow.

Highlighted
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

Linking a workplan activity to a workflow.

Does anyone know if a user can link a workplan activity to a workflow?

I'd like to create a workplan that is really just a daily checklist in which individuals would use the My Tasks portlet to essentially complete a checklist. Once the checklist is complete, then the workplan activity is complete.

Does anyone know how to do this, or is there an equivalent method someone can think of?

We are currently doing this with a separate application (see the attachment) and would like to do this with PPM.
3 REPLIES
Mert Kisman
Occasional Contributor

Re: Linking a workplan activity to a workflow.

Hi,

I think you can create a workplan using ksc_create_workplan command from a template on an execution workflow step and then when the activities are finished, you can use ksc_create_workplan command to close the workplan using a workflow execution step.

Thanks
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hey Jaylen,

You can do this using the project type settings to make the task and the whole workplan to mark as automatically complete once the task is complete. Does that help? If no, please elaborate a little further on the same, we some ideas will come up. If you want I can elaborate the project type settings related things on how to make task and the workplan as complete automatically. In your scenario, it looks like you can use the Activities on each task. But it may be a weekly thing instead of a daily. Please let know your requirements further if possible.

Thanks,
Darshan
Mert Kisman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Darshan,

You said you can use project type settings to mark the whole workplan as complete when a task is completed.
Something like that would also help me but I can't find that option.

Can you please tell me how to do that using the project type settings.

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event