Did you mean: 

Line Item Approver Help

Highlighted
Steve092674
Acclaimed Contributor

Line Item Approver Help

Hello All,

Background -
I created a custom report to show some basic time sheet information. The purpose of this report is to find out what time sheets exist that still need a Line Approver to take action on our Resource's time sheet(s).

Problem -
How do I pull Line Approvers that need to take action on a line item? These are the type of line items that are pending action from Project Managers and such that request time from resources. So they are not the assigned Time Approvers of the Resource.

I have attached a "mock" of what I would like the report to look like to give everybody a visual.
5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Line Item Approver Help

Hi Steve.
Line Approver set in Resource setting as "Default Time Approver" for example BOSS of orgunit/depertment/sector i.e. If line of Time Sheet includ task from any project then it approve project manager. Other line (not from project) approve "Default Time Approver" for example "vacation","meetings" i.e.
Good Luck
Amit Taneja
Super Collector

Hi Steve, I am about to begin work on exactly this kind of report, but since you are familiar with the report domain, could you send me a plan/procedure to create custom reports, or something similar along the lines to create custom reports? What would be the best way to go about creating customized reports? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Steve092674
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank you for those that responded - I have an answer to my own question, so I hope this helps anybody else that is running into the same problem. This is the query I used to pull the data I was looking for (this shows the pending approver for line items in a timesheet):

SELECT
kuv.FULL_NAME as FULL_NAME, kuv.MANAGER_FULL_NAME as MANAGER_FULL_NAME,
ktsv.PERIOD_NAME as PERIOD_NAME,
ktsv.STATUS as TIME_SHEET_STATUS,
ktslv.Description as LINE_ITEM_DESC,
kuva.FULL_NAME as PENDING_APP
FROM
KTMG_TIME_SHEETS_V ktsv INNER JOIN KNTA_USERS_V kuv ON ktsv.resource_user_id = kuv.user_id
INNER JOIN KTMG_RESOURCE_SETTINGS_V krsv on kuv.user_id = krsv.user_id
INNER JOIN TM_TIME_SHEET_LINES ttsl on ttsl.TIME_SHEET_ID = ktsv.TIME_SHEET_ID
INNER JOIN TM_USERS_TIME_APPROVERS tuta on ttsl.time_sheet_line_id = tuta.approver_time_sheet_line_id
INNER JOIN ktmg_time_sheet_lines_v ktslv on ktslv.time_sheet_line_id = ttsl.time_sheet_line_id
INNER JOIN KNTA_USERS_V kuva on tuta.time_approver_user_id = kuva.user_id
WHERE kuv.ENABLED_FLAG = 'Y'
AND ktsv.STATUS = 'Pending Approval'
AND krsv.POLICY_NAME = 'Weekly Timesheet Required'
AND ttsl.STATE = 2
Steve092674
Acclaimed Contributor

see my latest entry...
Amit Taneja
Super Collector